Thursday 9 October 2014

REASONS PARENTS SEND THEIR CHILDREN TO TUITION CLASSES

hello black spiders. okay i'm sorry if you hate spiders, but I think they're kinda cute. mmeh..

Let me tell you my life story about tuition classes. I used to be very proud of myself because I didn't have to go to tuition classes to get good grades. I only went to tuition class like for a month, when I was to take my UPSR, 12 year old big exam. then I hated it as it didn't help me in any way at all. you know how tuition classes are supposed to help you understand the subject better, right? wanna know something? it didn't. the class was so crowded with students. sometimes, you don't have enough chairs or tables so the class is held outside the classroom. I always ended up sitting at the back, and my eyes were not really great so I couldn't see anything at the whiteboard. And when I tried to ask the teachers to teach me about a question I'm stuck with, he just said,

"yeah yeah. do it."

 and walked away. don't get me started on how noisy the classroom were at the time. at that point, I gave up and told my mum I quit. so yeah, I quit. it was a sh*tty tuition class anyways.

  but that was long before. I had to attend tuition classes again in my last school year because I did not have a clue of what I was studying at school. it was all a blur until I went to a tuition class. but that's just for 2 tough subjects. Can you guess it? Yup, Additional Mathematics and Physics. hey, SPM Physics is hard to me, okay. lucky you if you feel like SPM physics was easy. but I got A- anyways. :P thiss time, tuition classes helped me a lot. yeah, satisfied. :)

so now I am going to write about what's so good about tuition classes.

YEAH, WHAT'S SO GOOD ABOUT TUITION CLASSES?

1. PROVIDE BETTER SERVICES        

     First of all, tuition centres provide better services. The main reason parents want to send their children to tuition centres is because tuition are well-known to have small classes. Small classes means less students. This way, teachers are able to give individual attention to each and every students that need help in the topics they have a problem with. The students' work are also checked on the spot and students will be able to learn from it right away.
              My next point is tuition classes have better classrooms than the ones at school. For example, some tuition centres are air-conditioned and provide comfortable tables and chairs. There are also lots of revision and workbooks in tuition centres than notes. Even the notes are short notes, easy to memorise and easy to understand.
              Another reason is we can get the best teachers from tuition classes. Notice that parents has to pay these teachers well because they charge high fees? That's because the centres monitor the teachers. They get the best teachers from different school to teach at the tuition classes. Parents also able to freely consult the teachers as well as management, whether they want to check on their children's progress or just want to check the way of teaching. mmeehh
             
2.  STANDARD OF TEACHING IN SCHOOLS HAD DETERIORATED

            One factor why parents send their children to tuition classes is because the standard of teaching in schools had deteriorated. I am not trying to say that the teachers way of teaching has gotten worse , but the standard is. For instance, there are a lot of students attend school, so there are large class size. This way, teachers are not able to give individual attention to each students, since they are given a period of time for each class. Other than that, teacher's job is to cover the syllabus, and due to  limited time, it does not matter whether the students understand the lessons or not, they have to finish the syllabus.
             Secondly, the teachers are involved in many activities such as meetings and events, so this means that the teachers are already overworked. How are they going to completely focus in teaching when they are already too busy with other things? Which leads to another problem, which are claims from parent that children's homework are not marked. Sometimes, it is not that the teacher does not  want to mark student's work, it's just that they don't really have the time to do so, especially for teachers who teach a number of classes with lots of students. So, the teachers have to take the easy way by asking the students to mark each other's work. This way, the teachers cannot really know each students' weakness and thus cannot help improve. We cannot really blame the teachers but once in a while teachers can get frustrated and may have lost interest in teaching.

3. EDUCATION HAS BECOME TOO COMPETITIVE

              Nowadays, education has become too competitive especially in schools. Parents as well as schools expect their children to get straight A's. We can see today that a lot of emphasis and publicity are given to number of A's achieved. Schools also compete with one another, trying to get the highest percentage of straight A's students. Other than that, parents are also constantly comparing their children with others while wanting them to outdo others. So they send teeir children to tuition classes so that their children get extra time studying.




SO, those are the three main reasons why parents send their children to tuition classes.


that's pretty much it.
thanks for reading.

much love,
EDA

7 comments:

  1. As a tutor myself, I think the extra hours and greater individual attention in smaller classes in the tuition centres can be provided students with a greater edge of competitive education system.
    Tuition Classes Kotikawatta

    ReplyDelete
  2. SmartLab has identified that there was a gap in the education market and tuition centres specializing in Maths and Sciences in Singapore was the way ahead. The provision of personalized quality tutorial classes is handled effectively by SmartLab and ensures that children who are enrolled in its tuition centres are provided with the best tuition in Singapore. Hence, SmartLab recognizes the need to focus on a niche market and develop the education business. chemistry tuition

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how your class timings of your blog. I enjoyed reading your blog and it is both instructional and interesting.Thanks!
    JC Tuition At Tampines

    ReplyDelete
  4. www.twinseducation.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ziyyara is a one stop solution for online tuition in Gurugram. Ziyyara's Gurugram home tutors are offering holistic online learning to the students for achieving good marks.">
    Call Our Experts :- +91-9654271931

    ReplyDelete