Thursday 23 October 2014

CONEY DOG RECIPE : BOLOGNESE STYLE

hello readers !
 
here I am going to share with you another HOMEMADE recipe.
 
Coney Dog : Bolognese style.
 
Yes, I love Coney dog. I usually eat this for lunch at my University, as I am always on-the-go, and it is very delicious and satisfying.
But since I am at home, due to sem -break, I decided to try making these at home.
and it was a success! It is not exactly the same, but it is a thumbs up. My sister loved it she actually had two. haha. okay, so here is the recipe.
 I have to tell you that I love measurements using cups because that is so much easier. so, here goes.
 
CONEY DOG :
BOLOGNESE STYLE @ EDA'S STYLE

INGREDIENTS :
  • 1/3 cup chopped Yellow bell pepper
  • 1/3 cup chopped Carrot
  • 1 cup minced beef
  • 2 cloves chopped Garlic
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • A pinch of salt and pepper
  • A pinch of spaghetti Bolognese herbs (can easily get at supermarkets ) *additional
  • 1/3 cup tomato sauce
  • 1/4 cup chilli sauce
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 5 fried sausages
  • 5 pieces of Cheddar cheese (like Cheesedale )
  • 5 hotdog buns
METHOD :

BOLOGNESE :
1. Saute onion and garlic.
2. Add minced beef. Add some salt, pepper and herbs. Mix.
3. Once beef is cooked, add bell peppers and carrot. Let it cook for a minute.
4. Add the sauce and water. Bring to a boil.

Try give it a taste and improve on it if must. But this is the rough 'sketch' of the recipe and I think it is super easy and fast. You can also use this recipe for Bolognese spaghetti. Just add some more sauce and water and you have your spaghetti Bolognese.

ARRANGEMENT :

1. Put cheese in the bun.
2. Put the fried sausage on the cheese. (Hot sausage will melt the cheese a bit. YUM ! )
3. Put the Bolognese on top. As much as you want or just until it covers the sausage.
4. This is additional, add some mayonnaise and chilli sauce on top. But I didn't and it still tasted great!

so that is all. Super easy, just using the ingredients that you already have at home. This recipe is for 5 servings. okay, thanks for reading.

much love,
EDA

No comments:

Post a Comment